added value for products
and sustainable development
CPART Cleaner Production Center was born from such simple value awareness. Owing the same objective with other domestic and foreign cleaner production centers, collaboratively taking action following the spirit of International Declaration on Cleaner Production (CP) signed by Vietnam’s Government dated Sep 22, 1999, CPART is the first private enterprise in Vietnam spreading CP’s benefit to the community, encouraging other enterprises to apply cleaner production in manufacturing production and with the plans to bring about real value to Vietnam’s environment and global environment.
Center establishment day: 22/09/2012.
Introduction on CPART Cleaner Production Center
5 main activities of CPART:
- Establish Eco-Market and Environment Protection Service Center, a place to introduce service products and relevant information, enhancing trading activities to provide support for domestic and foreign manufacturers regardless their scale in introducing their products on 3 internet websites www.cpart.vn; www.cleanerproductionstore.com; www.sustainableproduct.info
- Develop regulations specifically applied for activities relating to environment protection for website users basing on current legal regulations, requirements of Vietnam’s and foreign environmental organization and other requirements from actual situations via surveys among customers. Set forth detail requirements to products – service, appraise and select products according to issued regulation in order to encourage businessmen-producers to adjust their enterprise’s activities towards environment protection, boosting reliability of information on products and their producers on website, connecting responsible businessmen-producers with customers who love the environment.
- Provide support for selling and buying parties in connecting, providing information in case when either party faces trouble and needs help to enable trading transaction, digging information relating to that in the website.
- Take part in the process of supplying and introducing natural dyeing garment products named ECOL on Eco-Market, launch a line of environmental friendly product to the market, replacing those products that bring about serious environment pollution.
- Take part in the process of supplying and introducing consultancy service of Cleaner Production on Service Center, sharing and updating all possible matters that might arise with other suppliers during website operation, contributing to the application of Cleaner Production into production process in industries, getting towards efficient usage of resources, product value enhancing and environment protection with long term effectiveness.
Social-environmental issues that CPART are actively solving via Center’s activities
Climate change and required efforts from investors:
Climate change is one of the biggest obstacles in environment aspect that the globe is facing that requires urgent saving activities from all social sectors including financial sectors. In fact, banks, investors or insurance companies can and should do what the economy need, that is playing the important part in supporting community to reduce green house effect and against climate change; not from the view point of charity activist or social responsibility but from defining overall development orientation of the economy to change the strategic view, creating long term plan, integrating plan to markets requiring environment protection conditions and embracing business competitive advantages.
Rise of Environment lover
In the current wave of the environmental movement, there is quite a bit of talk. However, according to study of Natural Marketing Institute, there is also a rise of activities for the environment. We can clearly see it by the increase in frequency of these activities among the community.
Business attitude with environment protection consciousness
There is a slight rise in effort to preserve energy and water, and…since 2006. Behavior of customers is encouraging awareness of all companies on being more responsible on their actions on environment protection and moral business.
Environment saving Consuming
About three among ten customers being asked say that they did participate in family day collecting hazardous waste – increase by 50% since 2006. To make a change, they put their lives into the environment, attending activities that require large contributing on time and effort.
Difficulties of Enterprises
According to VCCI, enterprises especially medium and small size enterprises in Vietnam are facing difficulties in enhancing working efficiency through information technology and internet, creating chances for enterprises to bring products to customers, reduce management cost, help partner and update information, etc whereas support from State is limited.
Difficulties of customers
Nowadays, it is necessary that customers or buyers shall be well-informed on supplier and product to become smart customer. Protectionism policies, exaggerating advertisement being wide spread make customers make wrong decisions while buying things. Besides, intermediate distribution also adds in to higher prices than the actual price that customers have to bare while purchasing goods, this fact greatly affects customers’ benefit.
Product introduction on Website – Pros and Cons
Product introduction on Website is a promoting form that is close with e-trading.
E-trading can bring about more profit to enterprises by increasing selling quantity and reducing cost. Effective promotions on website might help spread advertisements of small enterprises to customers all over the world.
E-trading increases opportunities of sellers and buyers as well as traders. Enterprises might take use of e-trading in during buying and selling to define appropriate new partner for supplying and demanding. E-trading makes it easier for them to negotiate price and deliver goods as website can help provide competitive price information. E-trading helps boost the speed and accuracy for enterprises to exchange information and reduce cost for both parties in transaction process.
E-trading provides multiple choices in compared to traditional trading as then can at the same time know about various types of available products and services from different sellers who are available at any time, any day. There are customers who want to refer to large information range before deciding to trade where others do not.
E-trading provides trader the easiest way to adjust information level during trading. Instead of days of waiting for mailing of a catalog or product mock-up, or a bit faster by fax transaction, trader now can get access to detail information on website. With some products such as software, audio clips, images can be transmitted through the internet, eliminating waiting time to proceed the purchase.
Profit of e-trading also enhances social welfare by taxes from business development.
Products and services of E-trading can also reach to the remote areas.
Companies in general meet difficulties in financial and personnel issues in employing and maintaining labour force of workers who are skillful on technology, design and business knowledge for effective e-trading.
Another problem that faced by companies who want to do e-trading on the internet is difficulty in unify current data base and transaction processing software designed specifically for traditional trading into software used for e-trading.
Number of products and services
Number of visit guests and transactions
Activities of CPART are the kind of distinguishing and bring about benefits to all participants: enterprises, individuals, the environment, society and CPART ourselves.
CPART’s orientation and sustainable development plan
Outstanding benefit to the customers
CPART’s activity mode creates social and environmental benefits
CPART encourages attentions to environmental and cleaner production application on production of all enterprises, to give out more environmental friendly products; that indirectly brings about impacts to the environment and the society.
Cleaner production solutions are changes not only in devices but also in management and operation mode of an enterprise. Cleaner production solutions can be categorized as:
- – Waste Reduce at source;
- – Recirculation;
- – Product improvement.
Waste Reduce at source
Basically, the idea of cleaner production is finding out the root of pollution.
Internal management is the simplest solution of cleaner production. Internal management does not require investment and can be done right after the solution is defined. Examples of internal management are leakage point recovery, close water valve or turn off unused devices to eliminate damage. Despite its simpleness, internal management still needs attention of leading personnel as well as staff training.
Better process control to ensure that all production conditions are optimized in terms of material consumption, production and waste generation. Parameters of production process such as temperature, duration, pressure, pH level, speed, etc need supervising and maintaining to be as close to optimum condition as possible. As internal management, better process control requires attention of leading personnel and enhancing completed supervision.
Ingredient change is to replace current used ingredients with others that are environmental friendly. Ingredient change might also be purchasing ingredients with better quality to achieve higher efficiency. Used ingredients, ingredient quality and products are directly linked together.
Equipment improvement is to replace current used equipments with others that consume less loss. The improvement might be adjust machine speed, optimize storage volume, conserve hot/cold surface or innovate required parts in devices. An example of galvanization is installing gauge to collect falling materials from galvanized details.
New production technology is to install more modern and effective equipments such as using more efficient boiler or jet dyeing. This solution requires higher investment than other clean production solutions; therefore, it shall be carefully studied. However, its potential of economical cost and quality improvement can be higher than that of other solutions.
Unavoidable waste flow might be re-circulated within production area or sell the waste as side product.
In-place exploitation and recycle is to collect “waste” and recycle into a new production process. A simple example of this solution is to reuse washing water of a process for anther washing process.
Making side products is to collect (and treat) “waste flow” to become a new product or sell to other manufacturers. Residual beer yeast might be used as breeding food or filling material for food.
Product improvement to eliminate pollution is also a basic idea of cleaner production.
Product renewal is to review current product and requirements on that product. If possible, replacing a painted metallic cap with plastic cap for some certain products can help reduce environmental issues and painting cost for that cap. Improve product design might be very economical in terms of material consumption and used hazardous chemical.
Package improvement might be important. The principle issue is to reduce the number of used package while still well protect the product. An example for this solution group is to use paper board instead of blister card to protect fragile products.
CPART’s locate on map:
Commitment from CPART staff: Real-effectiveness, to bring real value to customers and environmental protection
CLEANER PRODUCTION CENTRE LIST
- Vietnam Cleaner Production Centre / Institute for Environmental Science and Technology/ HUT
- Center for Environment and Cleaner Production, MOIT
- Cleaner Production Centre CPART
- Energy Conservation and Cleaner Production Center of Hai Phong City
- Campodia Cleaner Production Centre
- China Cleaner Production Centre
- India Cleaner Production Centre
- Lao Cleaner Production Centre
- Korea Cleaner Production Centre
- VietNam Cleaner Production Centre
- Albania Cleaner Production Centre
- Armenia Cleaner Production Centre
- Bulgaria Cleaner Production Centre
- Croatia Cleaner Production Centre
- Séc Cleaner Production Centre
- Hungary Cleaner Production Centre
- Montenegro Cleaner Production Centre
- Moldova Cleaner Production Centre
- Rumania Cleaner Production Centre
- Russia Cleaner Production Centre
- Serbia Cleaner Production Centre
- Slovakia Cleaner Production Centre
- Macedonia Cleaner Production Centre
- Ucraina Cleaner Production Centre
- Uzbekistan Cleaner Production Centre
- Bolivia Cleaner Production Centre
- Brazil Cleaner Production Centre
- Colombia Cleaner Production Centre
- Costa Rica Cleaner Production Centre
- Cuba Cleaner Production Centre
- Ecuador Cleaner Production Centre
- El Sanvador Cleaner Production Centre
- Guatemala Cleaner Production Centre
- Honduras Cleaner Production Centre
- Mexico Cleaner Production Centre
- Nicaragua Cleaner Production Centre
- Peru Cleaner Production Centre
- Cape Verde Cleaner Production Centre
- Egypt Cleaner Production Centre
- Ethiopia Cleaner Production Centre
- Kenya Cleaner Production Centre
- Lebanon Cleaner Production Centre
- Morocco Cleaner Production Centre
- Mozambic Cleaner Production Centre
- Ruanda Cleaner Production Centre
- Nam Phi Cleaner Production Centre
- Tunisia Cleaner Production Centre
- Uganda Cleaner Production Centre
- Tanzania Cleaner Production Cntre
- Zimbabue Cleaner Production Centre